Teaching, Talks, Conferences
- Kunstvermittlung und Diskriminierungen auf der documenta fifteen
Presentation with Desirée Hieronimous
Zurich University of the Arts (4th April 2023)
- Learning from lumbung one: Collectivity in Art Education
Master-level seminar taught with Desirée Hieronimous and Bruno Heller
Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK), CH (Spring Semester 2023)
- Understanding digital spaces:
Analysing Expositions in the Journal for Artistic Research
Kalbis Institute, Jakarta, Indonesia (17th Feb 2023)
- Curating on KUNSTSURFER
Presentation with Dr. Heiko Schmid
Digital Art Center Taipei, Taiwan (16th Jun 2022)
- Mapmaking and Storytelling: Disappearances
Presentation for the event “La collezione della Galleria in tre tesi di laurea”
National Gallery San Marino, Rep. San Marino (20th Aug 2020)
- Research Design Across Disciplines, panel on Storytelling
University College Freiburg, Germany (13th/14th February 2020)
- Third Liberal Education Student Conference
Conference, paper presentation with Carlotta Rudolph
University College Utrecht, The Netherlands (10th-13th May 2018)
- Second Liberal Education Conference
Conference, staff member and participant
University College Freiburg, Germany (4th-7th May 2017)
Giardi, Chiara. 2019. ‘Monck by the Sea’. Jack, 2019.
–––. 2020a. ‘Made in Europe?’ Jack, 2020.
–––. 2020b. ‘Mapmaking and Storytelling: A Genre-Specific Analysis of Artists’ Books for “Subjective Maps / Disappearances”’. Freiburg i. Br., Germany: University College Freiburg, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg. Journal of Science, Humanities and Arts. https://doi.org/10.17160/josha.7.4.698.
–––. 2020b. ‘Demonstrating the Impossible’. AngLES, no. 1 (February): 20–25. https://angles-journal.org/2020-01/giardi/.
–––. 2021. ‘Vom Guten Hirten Zum Theater: Kleinplastik Als Untersuchungs- Und Vermittlungsmethode’. In Un-Learning Ecologies: Workbook Kunstvermittlung in Der Ökologischen Krise, edited by Cynthia Gavranic, Janina Krepart, Chantal Küng, and Maren Ziese. Zürich: Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst; Zürcher Hochschule der Künste.
–––. 2022. ‘Se Il Buongiorno Si Vede Dal Mattino’. In Ever Been Friend-Zoned by an Institution?, edited by Theseas Efstathopoulos and Viviane Tabach. Kassel: lumbung press.
Giardi, Chiara, and Viviane Tabach. 2022. ‘Sobat Goes Digital but the Institution Doesn’t Make It Accessible’. In Ever Been Friend-Zoned by an Institution? Kassel: lumbung press.
Grants and awards
- Grant ZHdK Fonds / Mercator Foundation for the exhibition ‘Framed:Wormhole – Taiwanese artists on Kunst-Surfer’
- Grant Creative Tech for Good by the city of Zurich (for Kunst-Surfer)
- Scholarship by the Hirschmann Foundation (Spring Sem. 2021)
- Premio Meritamente for excellent students (SUMS San Marino, 2021)
- Grantee of the Swiss Study Foundation (since December 2020)
- Scholarship ‘Guido Paolucci’ – BCC di Gradara (2016)
- National scholarship for excellent students (2011-2016)